{create} summer projects

Wednesday, October 3, 2012




I've wanted to do something with this desk for a long while...well this was the summer to do it.  I finally found the perfect fabric to recover the seat and went from there with the desk color. I LOVE IT!~ This was a wedding gift from my folks...its was looking beat up and tired. So we spruced it up with a great new color. Directions: rough up the surface with sander...primed the surface with tinted primer. Then painted a couple of coats of a pearl finish paint...color Peacock (from Rona) We spray painted the drawer pulls with black spraypaint.
Then I recovered the seat with this amazing fabric I found in the home decor department at Fabricland in Vernon.
Then I got the local glass shop to cut a 6mm piece of glass for the top of desk to finish it off.
Another summer time find was this amazing 9 pane old window. LOVE!~ I shot my kids birthday session with this frame in mind. The window panes are 10x10"...so I had my lab mount these photos to suit this frame. I was going to hang it somewhere else...but it so suited above my desk. I'm so in love with this space. LOVE my pretty desk!~







***all photos taken on my Iphone!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the table and LOVE the pictures in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the table and LOVE the pictures in the frame!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground