{friday favourites} The Happiness Project

Friday, May 6, 2011



What if you could change your life-without changing your life!?
This is the start of the book I just picked up the other day while checking out our local bookstore while buying a gift for a friend.  The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. "Each month, she pursued a different set of resolutions; go to sleep earlier, quit nagging, forget about results, or take time to be silly. Bit by bit, she began to appreciate and amplify the happiness that already existed in her life. Written with humour and insight. Gretchen's story will inspire you to start your own happiness project" (from the back of book)
Well I'm already a 1/4 of the way through the book and find lots of great stories and insight. Love the 1 minute rule...if you can do it in a minute do it...don't leave for later. This book is broke into months of a year. Starting in January; Boost Energy (I can relate) steps, go to sleep earlier, exercise better, toss, restore, organize, tackle a nagging task, act more energetic.
So to start we needed to tackle our basement clutter/mess (known as the drop zone!) Grady was helping today by playing the fun game of tossing all the crayons around:( I don't know why boys love to throw everything. I spent the morning de-cluttering and then washed the floors and dusted....ahhhh my creative space is back. I just want to sit and enjoy it!~ I also cleaned out my "mailbox" which consists of a potato box that the girls use to put their art to me into. I went through and filed away my favourites and then purged the rest. 
I won't give away the rest of the book; I do suggest for a great read...Do you feel grateful for your ordinary day? Everyone deserves to enjoy happiness~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground